Fee Free Play Days
Enjoy free admission and a variety of programs and activities! Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
Activities & programs on Saturday, August 20th include:
• Mini-canoe tours at 10:30 am, 12:00 pm, 1:30 pm & 3:00 pm (for a $10 fee; cash only & weather permitting);
• Historic overview in the Court Yard at 10:30 am, 12:30 pm, & 3:00 pm. Please note the historical homes will be closed;
• Learn Fly Fishing techniques from Fly Fishing enthusiast Hunter Serrate at 11:00 am, 1:00 pm & 3:00 pm;
• Special appearance by the Zoo Squad from 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm. Meet and greet these wonderful characters: Gigi the giraffe, Kaz the rhino, and Pio the red-billed oxpecker;
• Connect with, adopt and fall in love with a pet! HOPE Express, Miami-Dade County Animal Services mobile pet adoptions
• Tropical fruit display provided by Fruit & Spice Park;
• Food & beverages will be available for an additional fee.
The Deering Estate offers a variety of field trip options for your school, camp, or homeschool organization through our hands-on, experiential learning programs. Join us as we highlight our environmental educators by doing what they do best – exploring nature and all of its beauty! Participants will learn about plants and environmental restoration, as they make their own terrarium using recycled bottles and native plants. Offered on-going throughout the day.
The Fee-Free “P.L.A.Y.” Days were created to honor the Deering Estate’s partner organizations and the community. Our partner organizations and program partners will be on-site providing information and a variety of activities. The entire public can enjoy a variety of programs and activities – all for free!
Saturday, August 20th – highlighting Teachers and Environmental Educators
Saturday, September 17th – highlighting Scouts
Please note that if you are interested in doing a photo shoot on a Fee-Free “P.L.A.Y.” Day the regular photo shoot fees apply.