November 30 – January 4, Historic Holiday Décor
Tour the historic houses as they come alive with holiday accents and decorations. This year, the Historic Holiday Décor features some of South Florida’s top interior designers, led by Deering Estate Designer-in-Residence, Alfredo Brito.
Brito will recreate the glory of Christmas Eve in the Richmond Cottage in 1903, replete with the sounds, aromas and decorations from that era. Guests will travel back in time to the year when the first teddy bear was introduced which provided the inspiration for the decor in the Richmond Cottage’s second-floor playroom.
Brito, along with five additional interior designers, will transform the Stone House with historic holiday decor, filing each room with the grandeur and iconic beauty of the Gilded Age when the house was first built. A special thanks to all who donated their services to enhance the holiday experience!
Stone House featuring the “Gilded Age”
- Library – Roberto Sanchez Design
- Deering Study – Fanny Mesa, Drapes by Fanny Design
- Mrs. Deering Bedroom – Rosalba Calvo, L’Excellence Design
- Mr. Deering Bedroom – Roman Miguel Garcia, Buds ‘n Bloom Floral Design
- Great Hall – 100 Ladies of Deering & Alfredo Brito
- 2nd floor landing & staircase – Pottery Barn, Village at Gulfstream Park & Miami Beach
Richmond Cottage featuring “Pioneer Holiday”
- Alfredo Brito, Designer in Residence at the Deering Estate
A special thanks to:
- Jackie Liriano, Designer Discount Fabrics & Furniture, for the fabrics in the Richmond Cottage.
- Patricia Rodriguez, Nefertiti, for the drapes (labor & installation) in the Richmond Cottage.
- Coral Pines Garden Club, Richmond Cottage North Parlor
- Palmetto Bay Garden Club, Richmond Cottage back porch
- Pinecrest Garden Club, Stone House verandah
- 100 Ladies of Deering, Richmond Cottage film room
The Historic Holiday Décor is offered Daily, November 30, 2018 – January 4, 2019, 10 am – 4 pm. Please note that the Deering Estate is closed on December 25th.
Free with Estate admission: $15 for adults & $7 for children (ages 4-14). Free for Deering Estate Foundation Members and children under 4 years old.