Plan Your Visit
Groups may choose from one (1) Field Study Activity and one (1) Tour/Hike for their visit. Our programs can accommodate a minimum of 20 and a maximum of 120 participants per day. Programs are generally scheduled in a 3-4 hour block between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM. However, these times are flexible and groups are welcome to stay the day until 4:00 PM after their program has concluded.
Costs and Participant Ratios:
- Our Field Study programs cost $9 per child
- For land-based programs, we allow one (1) free adult chaperone for every ten (10) students
- Water-based programs require a ratio of one (1) free adult chaperone for every six (6) students
- Any adults beyond these ratios will be required to pay the standard adult admission to the park ($12)
Reserving your trip:
Select your desired Field Study and Tour/Hike and a few possible dates. Early reservations are recommended. We strive to serve a wide array of public, private and alternative home school visitors, so our available dates tend to fill up quickly.
Call (305) 235-1668 x.242 to make your reservation. Our staff will be happy to help find a date that works for you.
Once you have made your reservation, please check your email for a confirmation letter. This notice will include your finalized date time and cost, as well as additional instructions specific to your chosen program. Your program is not reserved until you receive this reservation. Please call our office if you don’t receive a confirmation within 48 hours of your booking.
If your group has any special needs, please let us know at the time of booking. We will be happy to accommodate your request.
If your needs should change after reservation, including the number of participating students or any cancellations, please contact us as soon as possible so we can update your reservation.
Preparing For Your Visit:
- All youth and adult field trip participants must wear closed toe shoes (no crocs, flip flops, etc)
- We recommend bringing a re-useable water bottle, bugspray, hat and sunscreen
- Please bring a change of clothes if participating in a water-based activity
- Cell phone usage is strictly prohibited during the program
- All chaperones are expected to fully participate in the program, including water-based activities
For a detailed description of the Field Study and Tour/Hike options, please download our Trip Guide or visit our Field Trips Options page.